Are you seeing unblocked ads while using AdBlock? We've found that when ads aren't being blocked properly, these steps usually help:
If you are using the AdBlock browser extension with Chrome, Firefox or Edge on a computer, the following steps should help:
- Click on the AdBlock toolbar icon. If you don't see it on your toolbar, make sure it's installed and pinned: How to pin the AdBlock menu to your browser.
- Click on the gear symbol on the pop-up menu.
- Click on the "Filter lists" tab.
- Make sure you are subscribed to our primary filter lists: EasyList and Anti-Circumvention filters
- Make sure you are unsubscribed from the Acceptable Ads filter list.
- Click the "update now" button to fetch updates to your filter lists.
After selecting the correct filter lists, be sure to reload any pages where you were previously seeing ads to ensure the change takes effect.
Try Our Troubleshooting Tool
If you are using our desktop extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, you may also want to use our troubleshooting tool by clicking the [?] in the upper right-hand corner of the AdBlock menu. This option will help walk you through some of the same basic troubleshooting steps listed above.
- In the AdBlock app, go to the Ad Blocking tab. Under "Change what AdBlock shows and hides" click Manage and make sure the "Allow some non-intrusive ads" option is toggled OFF.
- In Safari, go to Safari > Settings > Websites > Content Blockers and make sure the option "When visiting other websites" is set to ON.
- In Safari, go to Safari > Settings > Extensions and make sure "AdBlock Engine" is selected.
- Make sure your filter lists are up-to-date: How do I manually update my filter lists? On your iOS device you can do this by tapping on "Update Filter Lists" on the main screen of the AdBlock app.
- In the AdBlock for Mobile app, go to Settings and make sure the "Allow some non-intrusive ads" option is toggled OFF.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari > Extensions and make sure all three AdBlock options are toggled ON.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari and continue scrolling until you see the Content Blockers option. Make sure that the All Websites option is toggled ON.
- Make sure your filter lists are up-to-date: How do I manually update my filter lists?
- In the AdBlock for Samsung Internet app, go to Settings and make sure the "Allow some non-intrusive ads" option is toggled OFF.
Still Seeing Ads?
If you contact us, please include a screenshot of the ad(s) you are seeing. If you are using a computer, be sure to include the URL/address bar and the AdBlock icon on the browser toolbar in your shot. If you are using a mobile device, please open the AdBlock app and include a screenshot of the main entry screen.
Instructions for how to take a screenshot can be found here: How to provide a screenshot.