New to AdBlock? You've come to the right place! AdBlock is designed to stop annoying ads, improve browser speeds, and protect yourself online. We're here to help you on your journey to an ad-free and a less distracting online experience. After using AdBlock, you won't believe you ever lived without it!
To install AdBlock (and to ensure you are not installing an imitation) visit https://getadblock.com/ and click the Get AdBlock Now button. This will take you to the right version of AdBlock for the browser you are using. If you need more detailed instructions, check out this article: How to install, uninstall, or reinstall AdBlock.
Support Us (If You'd Like)
Every time AdBlock is installed you will see our contribution page. You can close the page by clicking the "x" on the tab if you've already paid or prefer not to support us at this time. We encourage you to check out the following article so you understand our payment philosophy and options: Do I have to pay for AdBlock?
Pin AdBlock to the Toolbar
Once installed, if you are using a desktop browser, be sure to pin the icon to your browser toolbar so you can easily access the AdBlock menu: How to pin the AdBlock menu to your browser .
Adjust Your Settings
AdBlock begins blocking ads as soon as it's installed. However, you may want to consider making some adjustments. Here are the most popular options for our desktop extensions*:
- When you first install AdBlock you will see non-intrusive ads on some sites. If you don't want to see them, you can simply disable Acceptable Ads: About the Acceptable Ads program and "non-intrusive" ads.
- Find out how to pause AdBlock when you need to: How to disable AdBlock on specific sites.
- AdBlock doesn't just block ads! Learn more about enabling additional filter lists: Introduction to Filter Lists.
- Try out our manual ad blocking tool: Use AdBlock's manual blocking wizard to block ads and more.
- Consider unlocking the Premium features (and prevent our contribution page from appearing when we update the extension): What is AdBlock Premium? How do I upgrade?
*If you're using the AdBlock for Safari Mac app, please see this article: Using the NEW AdBlock for Safari Mac app.
There is so much more you can do with AdBlock! We've worked hard to provide software that empowers YOU to take control of YOUR online experience. We invite you to explore our Help Center and discover all you can do: Explore the AdBlock Help Center. And if you have any questions or need our help, we're just an email away: Submit a ticket.