If you can't install AdBlock from the Chrome Web Store, first make sure that Chrome is updated to the latest version. Type about:chrome in the address bar. Chrome will check for updates and tell you if one is available.
Next, try restarting Chrome, then try to install AdBlock. If it doesn't work, try restarting your computer, then try to install AdBlock.
If Chrome is fully up-to-date, you've tried restarting both Chrome and your computer, and you're still getting an error when you try to install AdBlock from the Chrome Web Store, which error are you getting?
Install AdBlock Manually
If you keep running into errors when you're trying to install AdBlock from the Chrome Web Store, you can try "sideloading" it instead. That means installing the extension manually.
Note: If you install AdBlock without going through the Chrome Web Store, you will not get updates automatically when we release them.
- Visit http://code.getadblock.com/releases/.
- Download the zip file for the most recent release of AdBlock and extract it to a location you can find easily.
- Type chrome://extensions in the address bar to open Chrome's Extensions page.
- Enable Developer mode in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click Load unpacked extension, browse to the location where you downloaded the file, and select the extracted folder.
- Click Add extension when Chrome prompts you.